I've been working a lot with the cups these past two weeks. I figured out a way to sew them in groups of 6 so that they are bound together really well, and then I sew the groups of six into groups of four or five depending on the orientation. 3 columns done, 9 more to go...
Also, Nike continues to progress.
My cat likes to perch on the back of my chair when I paint. Sometimes she crawls onto my shoulders and paws at my head. Two nights ago she leapt from my shoulders onto my painting Nike. I freaked out, she freaked out, and she ended up tearing the canvas. It was about an inch long on the bottom right. She also managed to poke two small holes nearby. After seriously considering taking her back to the pound, I decided to give her another chance.
I had some experience repairing tares on Darklight when it was damaged in a pub. A little canvas and liquid stitch and it was back to new.
Back to painting and sewing cups together!
Nova Hydrographica won Best in Show at the Riley Festival! Woo woo!
In other news, I am going to begin weaving cups together for the giant installation Consumption this week. There should be enough progress to post updates about it next week.
And, I've got a rad idea for another installation idea that is meant to be in an atrium. I just have to finalize everything about the design and construction in the next two weeks.
Oh, and of course I'm still working on my babe Nike.